Oasis-FTB Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requesting an alternative for the griefprevention plugin

5 posters

Go down

Requesting an alternative for the griefprevention plugin Empty Requesting an alternative for the griefprevention plugin

Post by OasisMaximus Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:31 am

Hey everyone,

Like the title says, I would love to see the griefprevention plugin getting removed/replaced with another plugin. Let me explain why.

1:
I was playing on the server once, and i wanted to give Lucky a present, while he wasn't online. I placed a vanilla chest (didn't know about the plugin at that time) and it placed some golden/glowstone blocks in his base. It said that they were temporary, and that i could toggle it with a stick. I tried that, and it didn't work. Then Lucky logged on, and wasn't able to do anything in the area. I didn't know at all how to fix it, but after searching /help for a while i was able to figure out what plugin did that and how i could remove the claim.

I feel like this could be a problem for new players when the server actually goes public, and even griefers could use this for their advantage: they could just place a vanilla chest inside your base, and you wouldn't be able to do anything.

2:
(For those of you who do not know: Coaltrain615, TheChopper20 and me live together in our base) I just logged in, to find my base completely out of power, couldn't even access my stuff in my ME system. I disconnected all ME stuff (which i was able to do just fine) except for the controller, the drives and the terminal. I tried placing my backup energy cell next to the controller, but it wouldn't let me. Turns out Coal placed a vanilla chest right next to the main ME stuff, so it was all in one of his claims. Because of this, I wasn't able to fix the power problem, and now that whole part of the base is a giant mess. Even when i tried placing the resonant energy cell somewhere different so that i could place the cables back, it wouldn't let me place it, but it didn't put it back into my inventory too.

This could be a problem as well, for all the players who do not know this plugin and want to build a base together with another person.

-Dr

OasisMaximus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Requesting an alternative for the griefprevention plugin Empty Re: Requesting an alternative for the griefprevention plugin

Post by LordtheNth Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:11 pm

Aren't there methods of guarding one's territory in the modpack already, as well? I'm sure MFFS has one, and warding with Thaumcraft could work, though it is admittedly rather slow.
LordtheNth
LordtheNth

Back to top Go down

Requesting an alternative for the griefprevention plugin Empty Re: Requesting an alternative for the griefprevention plugin

Post by Grimtongue Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:48 pm

The golden shovel plugin is very annoying, to be sure. The most annoying part of the plugin is the fact that it just automatically makes a claim any time you place a vanilla chest. The interdiction matrix and biometric identifier from MFFS is a superior grief prevention system, but it's prohibitively expensive to build and complicated to set up.

I just want to see the automatic claiming "feature" removed from the golden shovel plugin. Hopefully there's a config for that.
Grimtongue
Grimtongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:40 pm

Nope cant disable automatic claiming. Prolly just gonna remove it, but its a lot easier to use than you think. There is a command to give up the claim. And you can add people to your claim. And to get a link to a tutorial, just ask how to use it in main chat.

Paxination
Admin

https://oasis-ftb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyDuck_ Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:20 pm

haha I remember that Dr we were sat there trying to figure out what to do I think the plugin is good for the whole griefing thing but for the annoying things like the chests just makes it almost useless. I agree with pax and we should get rid of it maybe we could have a command to give then player a book of a step by step tutorial of the command thing pax was talking about
LuckyDuck_
LuckyDuck_

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:31 am

or just say in chat "how do i protect my land" and the plugin should give you a link to a video tutorial

its that easy

this is whats bothering me about this thread. This plugin was made for idiots. But this server lacks idiots......

never thought i would be complaining about the lack of idiots....lol

Paxination
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:32 am

oh, and try other phrases, like "how do i protect my stuff" or other variances....

Paxination
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LordtheNth Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:51 pm

I like a lack of idiots.
Lacks of idiots is the goods.
LordtheNth
LordtheNth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum