Oasis-FTB Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Deadbolt?] Security with non-vanilla chests

3 posters

Go down

[Deadbolt?] Security with non-vanilla chests Empty [Deadbolt?] Security with non-vanilla chests

Post by Grimtongue Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:57 am

Last night I built an applied energistics storage system, which I am finding to be an impressive large-scale storage solution. I moved over 20 double chests (full of items) into a 2x2 computer terminal. I'm excited about the possibilities for expansion, but I'm worried about security.

How do I protect my AE storage units from theft or (more likely) accidents caused by other players?
Also, can I lock or restrict the Access Terminals and Wireless Access Points?
Can another player simply place a wireless terminal outside my house and access all of my stuff?
Can anyone recommend a destruction-proof, theft-proof storage solution for my valuables?

I know this server is on a whitelist, but I'd rather not leave a giant temptation for other people. I'd also like to share certain things with other players - without tempting them with my jewels.
Grimtongue
Grimtongue

Back to top Go down

[Deadbolt?] Security with non-vanilla chests Empty Re: [Deadbolt?] Security with non-vanilla chests

Post by LadyOuroboros Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Its all on a honor system, I have a "bee research facility" that has a Me system linked to my personal bee supply. It is there sitting in the open, While I ask for people to ask before taking, it is there to help players get certain bee's for mutations. I will be opening up the cords to public soon, and am hoping to test the honors system, with this "town."

As for your personal one, I suggest using a tesserac privated to power it, that way only you can turn it on/off. Joel had a solution to the sharing system, but I have yet to learn it. He is suppost to teach me soon.
LadyOuroboros
LadyOuroboros

Back to top Go down

[Deadbolt?] Security with non-vanilla chests Empty Re: [Deadbolt?] Security with non-vanilla chests

Post by Paxination Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:00 pm

I am considering add grief prevention to the list of plugins. Either that or take advantage of world gaurds claim system. With world guard you can prevent people from entering your region. Not sure if grief prevention does that as well. But it might help a lot.

Paxination
Admin

https://oasis-ftb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum