Oasis-FTB Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tesseracts and Power converters

3 posters

Go down

Tesseracts and Power converters Empty Tesseracts and Power converters

Post by Gweedo358 Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:15 am

At my base on the server and my single player game I have been working on power and power conversion.

I have watched a ton of videos on tesseracts the problem I have is they don't hook up to MJ like they say they do, every tutorial or video I see the diamond kenisis pipe hooked up right to it. It wont work like that. I noticed we have the third version and if someone knows a video or something I can read. I have every power source the game has. I also would like to know how to convert the power from MJ to RF .. again if someone knows a video or can give me the names of the stuff to use that would be great. I cant find anything on converting power to what you need.

Gweedo358

Back to top Go down

Tesseracts and Power converters Empty Re: Tesseracts and Power converters

Post by Paxination Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:31 am

First off what machines do you want to power?

And about converting MJ to RF, Extra Utilities Engergy transfer nodes can convert from MJ to RF and back. According to a couple feed the beast sites. Thermal Expansion 3's conduits can turn RF's into MJ's for machines that take MJ's. This is why I use TE3's dynamos to produce power, as my main power source. Since it can convert to MJ's.

Paxination
Admin

https://oasis-ftb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:50 am

I was messing with a quarry machine on single player . I wanted to learn how to use it before I tried on the server I know on the server I have to use a tesseract to give me power cause I don't want to move my entire power plant to the quarry world. I saw so many videos on the tesseract and they all had one hooked up to the MJ power plant then they went out away from their base (I did the same thing) the placed the tesseract and set it up (which I did correctly) then connected the tesseract right to the quarry machine using diamond power pipes and boom it worked for them

I saw on during my test No MJ pipes will connect to the 3rd version of tesseracts

Gweedo358

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:21 pm

The ender quarry from extra utilities? Or the Quarry machine from IC2? If its several shades of green, then its the one from extra utilities. If it looks like a normal machine, and grey in color, its from IC2.

The ender quarry uses RF's which is why I think you need to convert from MJ to RF's. The energy transfer nodes that I mentioned before will do this.

The newest version of the tesseracts dont have a lot of information on them. The are suppose to be able to transfer any type of energy? I think...I might be wrong. I havent tried honestly, I always use RF's unless i have to use EU's.

I'll get on in a bit, if i find time and try something and see if i can get it to work.

Paxination
Admin

https://oasis-ftb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:10 pm

The quarry machine is the whiteish grey color its one of the first ones that come up if you type quarry it runs off of MJ.. It uses the land markers and you place it at the first land marker you placed. Provide MJ and it works away it requires about 15000 MJ to run at full speed and at full power it is real quick to go thru the material. ohh and don't hook up the power without some kind of pipe system to remove the material cause if you don't the quarry machine shots the material up in the air lol it is funny but it does make a mess

Gweedo358

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggJ39 Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:45 pm

This deals with more of the type of channel you have set up than the pipes and so on. So, you should actually have 3 tesseracts; 1: Hooked up to a power source, sending energy, recieving nothing. 2: Hooked up to an ME system or giant chests or barrels with itemducts, receiving items, sending nothing. 3: (The one placed on the top of the quarry) sending items, receiving energy.

Now all 3 of these tesseracts should be on the same channel ex: Name:Quarry Setup-Channel: 32

This should allow you to just plop down a quarry and tesseract and let it go to town!

Hope this helps and if you want me to get on and show you I totally can Smile

(Sidenote 10 RF = 1 MJ, if that isn't stated anywhere. But, somehow, 5 magmatic dynamos should power a quarry pretty much at 2/3 to full tilt. This allows you to use hardened energy conduit (since 5*80 rf/t=400 rf/t, the max output of hardened conduit) and magmatic dynamos which both need invar, making it more easier to make/run.)
BiggJ39
BiggJ39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum