Oasis-FTB Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I accidentally the server... pictures and I'll explain how to fix it.

3 posters

Go down

I accidentally the server... pictures and I'll explain how to fix it. Empty I accidentally the server... pictures and I'll explain how to fix it.

Post by Grimtongue Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:41 pm

So, I accidentally started up an MFFS to tear down my old base because I'm moving, but I forgot to turn off the nearby laser drills. The MFFS attempts to "collect" the laser beam (it's the beacon beam), which is impossible, so it crashes the server. Unfortunately, this is directly above my base's chunk loader, so this issue will continue indefinitely... SORRY!!

Here's a picture of the exact location of the offending object. Feel free to vaporize it, roll it back, or do whatever it takes to get server going again.

I accidentally the server... pictures and I'll explain how to fix it. 2014-110

The coordinates are: -2041, 16, -8407
Grimtongue
Grimtongue

Back to top Go down

I accidentally the server... pictures and I'll explain how to fix it. Empty Re: I accidentally the server... pictures and I'll explain how to fix it.

Post by Paxination Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:12 am

To fix this I basically had to disable chunk loaders so that area would no load and then use core protect to roll the area back. Unfortunately this affected ALL chunk loaders. So if any of you guys see's your machines all &%$%^&#&...this is why.

Paxination
Admin

https://oasis-ftb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I accidentally the server... pictures and I'll explain how to fix it. Empty Re: I accidentally the server... pictures and I'll explain how to fix it.

Post by Paxination Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:25 am

And done, all is good, a bunch of upgrades were on the ground i placed them in a chest at those coords.

Paxination
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LordtheNth Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:41 am

I don't suppose I could request my tower nearby to be moved as well?
LordtheNth
LordtheNth

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:29 am

World edit and ftb machines dont do well. ESPECIALLY micro blocks. Sorry but WE's are limited to just clearing an area or terraforming. World Edit will screw up all machines and pipes and cables and wires and it completely fucks up with micro blocks.

But you should be fine now, I fixed the issue and Grim is well aware that MFFS and laser drills dont mix.

Paxination
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LordtheNth Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Oh no, my tower currently is just four walls made of stone and marble, I found a fantastic spot for it on a glacier and taking it entirely apart where it's built now would be incredibly time consuming
LordtheNth
LordtheNth

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:57 pm

LordtheNth wrote:Oh no, my tower currently is just four walls made of stone and marble, I found a fantastic spot for it on a glacier and taking it entirely apart where it's built now would be incredibly time consuming

We can move your tower with MFFS tonight. I was testing to see if this would also work with the non-vanilla blocks in my base (it does), but then I accidentally the server...

Anyway, this topic should be locked since the issue was resolved.
Grimtongue
Grimtongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:03 am

If grim hasnt helped ya move yet I will in the morning, about 12 hours from now...lol, pm me on the forums if you still need help.

Paxination
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down