Oasis-FTB Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silverwood Trees - How to get those saplings!

Go down

Silverwood Trees - How to get those saplings! Empty Silverwood Trees - How to get those saplings!

Post by Grimtongue Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Silverwood trees from Thaumcraft are really great; they are good looking, have magical effects and nodes, and they even fight off the tainted land.  However, getting their saplings is very difficult!  I tried using grafters and proven grafters, but those don't work at all.  I tried shearing the leaves, then using a terrain smasher (SEE NOTE).  I used a lucky Tinker's scythe and tree-felling axe to chop down about 50 silverwoods, but I only got about 35 saplings.  I looked all over the internet - I knew there had to be a better way.

Note on Shearing:

Finally, I realized the solution was right there in the Thaumcraft mod the whole time, hiding in plain sight.  There is a Thaumium Grafter that has a 100% chance to produce a silverwood sapling when used on silverwood leaves!

Last edited by Grimtongue on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : color of text)
Grimtongue
Grimtongue

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum