Oasis-FTB Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server reboot disables MFR machines and AE wireless, MFR laser drill beam becomes persistent

4 posters

Go down

Server reboot disables MFR machines and AE wireless, MFR laser drill beam becomes persistent Empty Server reboot disables MFR machines and AE wireless, MFR laser drill beam becomes persistent

Post by Grimtongue Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:01 pm

I finally figured this out after the most recent reboot, but it happened after every reset in the past as far as I can recall. I can only confirm this problem occurs in my base, which is protected with the golden shovel plug-in. I don't know if this is an interaction with that plug-in, or if it is coincidence.

Following each reboot, MFR machines have their "work" and "Z" meters locked in position; the machines do not do anything while frozen. Interacting with them in any manner will not fix the problem. The machine must be picked up and replaced to fix the problem. Also, yy Applied Energistics network operates normally, but the wireless does not work at all. The only solution is to pick up the controller and put it back down.

Finally, MFR laser drills have the worst problem of all: The 5 deadly laser beams become persistent following a reboot. Placing blocks to obstruct the beam has no effect, and the beam is still there after removing the blocks. Since the only way to fix the MFR machines is to break the blocks, this makes retrieving the laser drill nearly impossible since the persistent deadly beam destroys the machines the instant I wrench them. I have lost multiple laser drills and pre-chargers due to this glitch. The deadly laser beams persist until the chunk is unloaded. I have twice confirmed that simply logging off will not fix this problem when I leave my chunk-loader active. I have to both remove the chunk-loader and log off in order for the deadly beam to go away.
Grimtongue
Grimtongue

Back to top Go down

Server reboot disables MFR machines and AE wireless, MFR laser drill beam becomes persistent Empty Re: Server reboot disables MFR machines and AE wireless, MFR laser drill beam becomes persistent

Post by Paxination Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:37 pm

As far as the mfr machines being frozen, are you sure they are covered by a chunk loader? I know they freeze if their chunk is unloaded. And the AE controllers as well.

Sounds like it might be the chunkloader mod screwing up.

Paxination
Admin

https://oasis-ftb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Server reboot disables MFR machines and AE wireless, MFR laser drill beam becomes persistent Empty Re: Server reboot disables MFR machines and AE wireless, MFR laser drill beam becomes persistent

Post by Paxination Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, we've had some weird problems lately ever since I installed grief prevention, that plugin your talking about with the golden shovel. its the only thing changed since. And its a bukkit plugin, not a mod. But doesnt mean it wont affect/be affected by forge mods. I am almost considering removing it to see if these issues clear up.

Paxination
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:32 pm

I had this problem about a month back too, all the MFR machines just stopped working. Breaking and replacing seemed to work fine. Last week i had a problem with the AE controller too. In the UI it showed all the things in my ME system, but it refused to power them, so i didn't have access to my stuff. Again, breaking and replacing luckily helped me out.

OasisMaximus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggJ39 Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:53 am

This happens, it just does. Sometimes its frequent, sometimes its only once. From what I can tell from playing this for a while, is that its more than just resets, chunk loading, and lag that can make MFR stuff fussy. What usually solves it for me is spreading out. Don't have more that a couple machines per chunk, that way when the chunk is loaded, everything starts at once and no glitch happens.

Obviously it sucks to have to pick up and place down stuff so just keep testing, that what ftb is all about Razz
BiggJ39
BiggJ39

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:10 pm

I have only experienced this problem when I dont properly chunk load the machines. And after that I have never had an issue. Ever. Its funny, most of the issues I hear about, I dont have. Like cupcake and her enderthermic pumps. Those pumps have chunk loading abilities built it. Keeps no more than 2 chunks loaded at a time, 1. the chunk its in 2. the chunk its removing liquid from. Hers for some reason dont do this 100% of the time. But I have never had an issue with them. Oh well. I guess it just sucks to not be me! Very Happy

Paxination
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:03 pm

It definitely seems to be affected by the number of machines within each chunk. I've spread out my machines over 9 chunks (instead of 2!), removed over 300 dynamos, over 800 ducts/conduits, and fifteen 36HP boilers. I haven't had any problems at all since removing all of that clutter. I still have the chicken chunk-loader in the same position (center of my base) with the same settings (square, distance 2).

As far as MFR steam turbines are concerned, those stupid things seemed to stop working almost daily. MFR steam turbines also don't output the 160 RF/t that they are supposed to (they only put out 80 RF/t). Steam dynamos never lock up like that, and operate as expected.

TL;DR Don't use MFR Steam Turbines - use Steam Dynamos
Grimtongue
Grimtongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Yeah that sounds like your issue, just too much shit going on in such a close quarters. I seem to remember having this issue on Bigg's first DW20 map.

Paxination
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down